Zane Schweitzer at home on Maui. | Photo: Starboard / John Carter
MAUI, Hawaii - We all love to stand up paddle (SUP), but what are the items that you just can’t SUP without? Could it be your iPod for listening to tunes? Could it be your favorite pair of sunglasses? Or could it be those pair of trunks or bikini that you love more than anything? Here, Starboard SUP Dream Team athlete Zane Schweitzer lists his eight things that he can’t SUP without. Have a look:
Zane surfing and training at home on Maui. | Photos: Starboard / John Carter
- 1. Honolua Surf Co. 5 way stretch swim trunks
2. Avasol Sunscreen
3. Maui Jim Sunglasses (Preferably the Waterman Style), Maui Jim Long Sleeve Jersey or hat for sun protection.
4. Dakine Grip Pad or Kicker and Dakine Leash
5. FCS II fins for Surf (Prefer Medium Reactors) and FCS Danny Ching Fin for Racing
6. Starboard Paddle (Enduro S for SUP Surf and Bolt S or M for SUP Race)
7. Occasionally a "Vest Pac" hydration system such as during SUP Races and long training sessions.
8. A grounded and mindful mindset! Always have a great time and enjoy mother nature when on the water!
Zane Schweitzer lovin' the Tahiti life. | Photo: Starboard / Ben Thouard
To see more Starboard Athletes and Updates, click HERE.
© Supconnect.com Copyrighted Exclusive Content