DANA POINT, California - It’s that time of year again! During the entire month of June, events will be held all over the US, Puerto Rico and as far as Switzerland, focused on getting young people outside and on the water enjoying the fastest growing water sport – Stand Up Paddle boarding. SUPIA Youth SUP Days are designed to get as many kids on the water as possible, with a focus on educate in skills, water safety, and environmental stewardship.
For the first time, we are proud to announce that Starboard International has stepped up as our Presenting Sponsor. Along with their assistance in covering costs, they are bringing their affiliated, SUP KIDS programs to the events teaching kids about be global ambassadors for water conservation.
SUP Industry Association is teaming up with member businesses to hold these events at no charge on waterways all over the country and abroad. Offering a free event to youth at the beginning of the season encourages them to get involved without financial constraint, to try something new, to get outdoors! And then perhaps take it to the next level – join a summer program, plan a birthday party, organize a family or friend event, train for races, buy a board – great for them and for the SUP Industry.
Thank you to the following SUPIA Members will be holding events this year:
- Advanced & Amateur SUP – Puerto Rico
- Blue Paddle SUP & West Coast Paddle Sports – Carlsbad, CA
- Chicago SUP – Chicago, IL
- Coastal CT SUP – Norwalk, CT
- Downunder Kayak, Sup & Surf – Westport & Norwalk, CT
- Hooked On SUP – Englewood, FL
- Lake Powell Paddleboards – Page, AZ
- Nashville Paddle Co – Nashville, TN
- Never Bored Board Shop - Smithville, RI
- North 2 Board Sports – Delray Beach, FL
- No Snow Stand Up Paddleboard /Riverbound – Mesa, AZ
- Paddlefish – Whitefish, MT
- Paddle Up Nashville – Nashville, TN
- Paddle! The Florida Keys – Tavernier, FL
- Paddle-Center.ch – Lausanne, Switerland
- Paddling Paradise – Melbourne, FL
- Stand Up Outfitters – New Bern, NC
- SUP Dawg Paddle Sports – Lake of the Ozarks, MO
- SUP Fitness Academy – Dallas & The Colony, TX
- SUP Flo – South Jordan, UT
- The Paddle Academy – Dana Point, CA
- Wai Nani Surf & Paddle – Minneapolis, MN
- Wut Sup Paddleboards – Gulfport, MS
- Zeke's Surf & Paddle - Stuart, FL
From open houses, lessons and clinics, to events bringing in under privledged youth from Boys & Girls Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the focus will be on getting young people on the water for a safe & positive experience for what we hope will become the next generation of lifelong SUPers.
About SUP Industry Association
SUPIA is the Trade Organization of all Stand Up Paddle businesses: Manufacturers, Retailers, Service Providers, Media, Sales Reps, Distributors, Suppliers, etc. SUP Industry Association will strive to move Stand Up Paddling forward in a positive direction, while improving each members individual business.
To see more SUP Industry News, click HERE.