SAN DIEGO, California - Ahead of the official launch of the 11th Annual Supconnect Awards Supconnect has launched the Open Nominations for all categories, ahead of the official launch of the Awards in July. Categories include: Man of the Year, Woman of the Year, Grom of the Year and Gear of the Year, among others.
To be considered for the 2020 Supconnect Awards please nominate your fellow paddlers. The selection process for the Supconnect Awards is a detailed one that involves the Supconnect Staff, an advisory board, brands, shops, other industry members, and the public. Criteria for the nominees includes not only performance but also ambassadorship, support and quality.
The criteria for athlete nominees is:
- Ambassadorship: Conveying the cheerfulness and inclusiveness characteristic of the sport.
- Involvement: Attending events and gatherings, having a finger on the pulse of the sport.
- Performance: Showing proficiency in the sport, though top results are not a requirement.
- Support: Having a following and votes to show you have some support to validate your credibility.
The criteria for brands and shops is:
- Involvement: Supporting the local SUP community by having demos, putting on events and educating consumers.
- Support: Great customer service whether it be through sales, warranty or knowlege of the products.
- Quality: Quality of the products are superb.
If you’d like to contribute and give us your feedback for the 2020 Nominees, please nominate someone who you think fits our criteria. Open nominations end on June 15th with finalists being announced on July 1st.
The official launch of the 2020 Supconnect Awards is July 1, 2020.
To nominate someone for the Supconnect Awards, click HERE.