Welcome to the Supconnect Weekly Recap, our countdown of the Top 5 biggest news, reviews, interviews and features surrounding the world of Stand Up Paddleboarding. If you’ve got anything newsworthy, weird or worth reading about, don’t be shy to share the scoop with us via e-mail.
5. Excitement Building As Hayama Pro Is Just Weeks Away!
Heat Score - 64
The World's best are heading to the land of the rising sun in two weeks time for the next stop on the 2015 Stand Up World Series. Check out the pre evenet buzz here.
4. Supconnect Announces Maui Jim As Supconnect Awards Sponsor
Heat Score - 69
Supconnect is proud to announce Maui Jim as a sponsor of the 6th Annual Supconnect Awards. During the awards ceremony at the AWSI Awards Party at the September Surf Expo, Maui Jim sunglasses will be given to the winners of the Awards. Learn more about the Supconnect Awards and Maui Jim Sponsorship here.
3. Naish Columbia Gorge Paddle Challenge 2015 Expected To Be Epic
Heat Score - 73
The 5th Annual Naish Columbia Gorge Paddle Challenge scheduled for August 22-23, 2015 and featured a weekend of exciting Stand Up Paddle Board Racing. This event drew recreational and professional competitors from around the world including the continental U.S., Hawaii, Canada, and Australia. Stay tuned for the full event recap!
2. Explore Naish's 2016 Stand Up Paddling Collection
Heat Score - 79
Following the Outdoor Retailer show, Naish just released the latest additions for 2016 which add even more variety to an already extensive line-up, featuring shapes for touring, racing and cruising, new constructions and an all new paddle collection. Check out Naish's 2016 collection here.
1. The Minds Behind Starboard's Award Winning Paddle Board, The 7'4" Pro
Heat Score - 87
Want to know what goes into making a award winning paddle board? We caught up with none other than stand up paddle surfing pro Sean Poynter to get the scoop on the 7'4" Pro, the Starboard SUP that he's been working on for years, which by the way, just won the Supconnect Gear of the Year Award for best Surf SUP in the 2015 Supconnect Editor's Choice Awards. Check out the interview here.
Photo Of The Week
Photo via: Merle Nummert
Description: Sunset SUP - Finland.
If you'd like to be selected for Photo Of The Week, enter via the Supconnect monthly photo contest.
© Copyrighted Exclusive SupConnect.com Content.
- 5 of Our Favorite Paddling Spots in Southern California
- How To Punch Through A River Wave On A SUP
- Choosing Healthy, Delicious Snacks For Stand-Up Paddleboarding
- Annapolis Native to Travel 240 Miles Across Chesapeake Bay by SUP to Support Oyster Recovery Efforts
- Cape Cod Bay Challenge SUP Event Returns Virtually in 2020