European SUPsurf Champion and Starboard athlete Benoit Carpentier hit the waters in Morocco to enjoy some off season foiling - Moroccan style. Ben dressed in local attire, wearing the traditional djellaba as he rode along the coastline on the Starboard 6’10” x 26.5″ Hypernut with GoFoil. As surrounding surfers scramble to catch a wave in the busy lineup, Ben can be seen weaving in-and-out, drawing circles around them all. Foiling, which has peaked the interest of many SUP athletes who have taken to the sport in recent months, reduces the friction between the board and water, allowing riders to reach higher speeds and a smoother glide. Watch as Ben floats above the chop in the video above.
Video filmed and edited by Pierre Carpentier and Bruno Detante.
To see more Hot SUP Videos, click HERE.
- ISA Celebrates Success of Surfing and SUP's Inaugural Inclusion in 2019 Pan American Games
- Get Exotic on Your Next SUP Adventure: 3 Must-Visit Destinations
- 9 Ways to Have Fun on Group SUPs
- Gomez Siblings Win SUP Surfing Gold at 2019 Pan Am Games
- Elimination Rounds Narrow Field of Pan American Medal Hopefuls