UPDATE: Niel Bode, the missing man who did not return after paddle boarding on Wednesday in Waikiki, was found safely in waters about 3.5 nautical miles off Ewa Beach, according to the U.S. Coast Guard. He is reported to be in good condition, officials said.
WAIKIKI, Hawaii - According to a report from Hawaii News Now, Niel Bode, a 32 year-old Seattle resident, has been reported missing after renting a paddle board from Waikiki Beach on Wednesday and not returning to collect his belongings.
Bode entered the water around 3:45pm on Wednesday and has yet to be found. The U.S. Coast Guard along with the Honolulu Fire and Police Departments are actively searching the area for any signs of Bode.
No word yet on whether Bode was wearing a leash or lifejacket. Stay tuned for more info as the story develops.
- 5 of Our Favorite Paddling Spots in Southern California
- How To Punch Through A River Wave On A SUP
- Choosing Healthy, Delicious Snacks For Stand-Up Paddleboarding
- Annapolis Native to Travel 240 Miles Across Chesapeake Bay by SUP to Support Oyster Recovery Efforts
- Cape Cod Bay Challenge SUP Event Returns Virtually in 2020