Our friends over at Pau Hana Surf Supply know a thing or two when it comes to standup paddling. They build and design some of the best paddle boards on the market and have tons of knowledge to share. Here, the team put together a nice tutorial on how to install a fin for an inflatable board with a threaded fin box. Check it out:
- Remove the plate from the fin hardware and keep it in your repair kit. It is not needed with a fin box that has threading.
- Insert the dowel in the large opening of the fin box and slide fin forward.
- Press the fin down in place. The hole will be lined up with the threading.
- Insert the thumb screw in the hole and screw into place until hand tight. Do not overtighten.
- When the Fin is removed store the Thumb Screw in the Repair Kit so it does not get lost.
See the demonstration in the video below.
For more SUP tips, click HERE.