LAKE TAHOE, California - Tahoe's premier SUP event, the Ta-Hoe Nalu Paddle Festival, is just around the corner. From August 15-17, a range of the world's best paddlers and SUP enthusiasts will gather at Kings Beach for a weekend of exciting races, demos, clinics and music.
We'll be bringing you more updates closer to the time, so for now, here is the official weekend schedule:
Friday, August 15th
- Registration from 2 to 6:30pm
- 3pm Boardworks SHUBU TOUR
- 4pm 6 man Outrigger exhibition race.
- 3pm to 5pm Paddle Clinics for beginners and advance paddlers
- Live Concert from 6:30 to 8:30pm
- A full service food & beverage court will be open during this time.
Saturday, August 16th
- 7am Registration for 10mile Distance Race
- 7:30am opening ceremony and announcements with Dancers of Halau Hula ‘O Leilani will provide traditional dances of Polynesia to open the festivities of the day.
- 8:30am Start of 10 mile Distance Race
- 8:30 OC-1 / 8:40 Prone / 8:50 SUP
- 9:00am Start of Beginner 2 mile Race Awards & Raffle at finish of race
- All day SUP Demos and Clinics
- Exhibitor / Vender village open from 8 to 4pm daily Highlighted a local retail village open from 8 to 4pm daily
- 12pm Start of Grom Race (ages 12 and under) Awards and raffle after finish
- 2:pm Start of the X-SUP Games – 4 person team event Awards after race finish
- 2:30pm Big Brother / Big Sister SandCastle building contest
- 4pm Announcements of Local evening events
Sunday, August 17th
- 7am Registration for the 5 mile Open Race (SUP, Prone & OC-1)
- 8am Announcements
- 9am Start of the 5 Mile Open Race Awards and Raffle at finish of Race All day free SUP demos
- Exhibitor / Vender village open from 8 to 4pm daily
- Highlighted local retail village open from 8 to 4pm daily
- 11:30 am Start of TA-HOE-NALU Sprint Pro Race elimination heats
- 1 pm Start of Pro Championship Race Finals
- Awards at finish of Race
- 4pm closing ceremony
Click here to see footage from the 2013 Ta-Hoe Nalu Paddle Festival.