TAHITI, French Polynesia - With two successful previous editions, the reputation of the Air France Paddle Festival in Polynesia and abroad make it a highly expected event from all. With only days left in the registration period make sure to secure your slot at the biggest stand up paddle race in the South Pacific. In 2015, not only was Tahiti voted in the Supconnect Polls as the Top SUP Destination of the Year but the Air France Paddle Festival was voted as the Event of the Year and was also listed as one of the 25 SUP Races Not To Miss in SUP Racer.
On average, a SUP event in French Polynesia usually has 50-70 competitors but the Air France Paddle Festival attracts three to four times more people for the event registering nearly 300 unique participants and for the 2016 race the numbers are expected to grow even larger with the addition of the prone paddle boarding race. But, aside from all of the races, the 2016 festival will allow families to excel and discover the values of this sport which will certainly become (we hope) one of the next Olympic sports.
Hundreds of paddlers from Tahiti and abroad gathered and raced in the 2015 Air France Paddle Festival. | Photos: © Supconnect.com
2016 event features:
- 3 SUP races, Tahiti championship stage
- 1 prone race, Tahiti championship stage
- Live broadcast on TV and on the Web
- Prize money $27,000+
- Innovative and free challenges throughout the day
- Free introduction course to SUP
- 1 paddle festival village at Orohiti
- Free entertainment for the whole family
Register in Tahiti
- Tahitian Federation of surfing, Papeete
- Kelly Surf, Moana Nui shopping center, Punaauia
- Exp’Air Tahiti, Arue
Register from abroad
- Contact [email protected]
To see more news and features on the Air France Paddle Festival, click HERE! We’re looking forward to seeing you all there!