AGIOS NIKOLAOS, Greece - The Municipal S.A. Company of Agios Nikolaos and the Culture and Sports Organization of Agios Nikolaos co-organize, one of the biggest SUP events in Greece, on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 June 2019. Professional and amateur athletes from all over the world and Greece will meet in the Greek capital of SUP, for exciting competitions as part of the Eurotour events, with prizes worth €12.000.
This is the 5th SUP event in Agios Nikolaos and having the experience of previous years, we have developed all the conditions to give the participants a demonstration of SUP of a high standard and to offer guests an enchanting show.
In partnership with Hellenic Surf & Sup Association (HSSA) and the Hellenic Paddleboard games 2019, the event will count on the national delegation to the ISA World, which will be announced shortly. Our primary objectives are the development of sports tourism by attracting members of the global community of SUPers, the cultivation of sportsmanship, the values of sport and, of course, the stimulation of the local tourist economy.
EVENT SCHEDULE | Saturday, June, 22
- Kids Fun & SUP Games in the Lake Voulismeni
- Fun SUP Games in the Lake Voulismeni
- Award Ceremony Eurotour Pro & Amateur
- Traditional Cretan Feast of “Klidonas” in Lakonia Village (We visit the traditional village of Exo Lakonia and experience the custom of Klidonas with Cretan music, partying and dancing around the fires.)
EVENT SCHEDULE | Sunday, June, 23
- 200m Sprints in the Lake – ISA World SUP Qualifiers
- 5 km Technical SUP Games – ISA World SUP Qualifiers
- Award ceremony in the Lake
- Holi Fest Crete 2019: An impressive “colorful” festival with DJs, live acts, impressive dance, and happenings. (Learn more)
EVENT SCHEDULE | Monday, June, 24
- Athletes Clinics “TRAINING BY BOOTHY”
- World Champion SUP Athlete, Michael Booth, will teach his technique.
*The schedules and games program are weather dependent and may change within short notice.
For more information on registration, schedule, routes, etc, please visit the official website of the event, agiosonsup.en or contact us at the email address [email protected] or on the phone (+30) 28410 82384-5.
- SIC Gorge Paddle Challenge Kicks Off APP North America Tour
- Paddle At The Porch Returns To Destin On Aug. 17
- ISA Celebrates Success of Surfing and SUP's Inaugural Inclusion in 2019 Pan American Games
- 9 Ways to Have Fun on Group SUPs
- Lena Ribeiro and Connor Baxter Claim Historic Pan American SUP Racing Gold Medals